The deadline to apply is February 28, 2018.
All paper applications must be postmarked by Feb. 28th, 2018 and mailed to:
Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
P.O. Box 221084
Sacramento, CA 95822
- Black, African American, or of African descent
- Greater Sacramento resident
- Graduating high school student
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Accepted, applied or applying to an accredited two or four-year college/university for the fall of 2018
- Proven participation in community service, extracurricular, or other volunteer activities
- Applicant must attend an in-person interview with the Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
Application Packet* Requirements:
- An official transcript must be mailed directly from school’s registrar office to the below address by February 28, 2018
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, community leader, minister, or employer
- A signed the photo release (signed by parent/guardian)
- Academic Standing Form (completed by counselors or school registrar)
- Applicant photograph (size not to exceed 4×6)
- A typed 2-3 page, double-spaced essay on “Achievement and Excellent: It’s in my DNA” and how you will utilize your academic achievements (college degree) to influence and positively impact the black community? (750 word limit)
For more information, email email@example.com
*Application materials will not be returned.