Scholarship Applications are now available!
Sacramento Alumnae Chapter in partnership with the Sacramento Delta Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the 2019-20 academic year. The deadline to apply is March 23, 2019.
Every year deserving high school students are awarded merit and need-based scholarships in various amounts. Last year over $10,000 in scholarships were awarded.
All applications are evaluated based on a complete application and in-person interview to determine academic performance, financial need and community and cultural involvement.
Start your online application now, here.
Download a pdf version, here.
All paper applications must be postmarked by March 23, 2019 and mailed to:
Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
P.O. Box 221084
Sacramento, CA 95822
- Black, African American, or of African descent
- Greater Sacramento resident
- Graduating high school student
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Accepted, applied or applying to an accredited two or four-year college/university for the fall of 2019
- Proven participation in community service, extracurricular, or other volunteer activities
- Applicant must attend an in-person interview with the Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
- Relatives by blood, marriage or adoption of members of Sacramento Alumnae Chapter – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated are NOT eligible to apply for chapter scholarships, however, there may be other scholarships available.
Application Packet* Requirements:
- An official transcript must be mailed directly from school’s registrar office to the below address by March 23, 2019
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, community leader, minister, or employer
- A signed the photo release (signed by parent/guardian)
- Academic Standing Form (completed by counselors or school registrar)
- Applicant photograph (size not to exceed 4×6)
- A typed 2-3 page, double-spaced essay on “Believe in Something, Even If It Means Sacrificing Everything”. Please describe a time you took a stand for something you believed in or describe a time you took a stand for something that positively impacted the black community? (750 word limit)
For more information, email email@example.com
*Application materials will not be returned.