Scholarship Applications are now available!
Sacramento Alumnae Chapter in partnership with the Sacramento Delta Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the 2018-19 academic year. The deadline to apply is March 17, 2018.
Every year deserving high school students are awarded merit and need-based scholarships in various amounts. Over $10,000 in scholarships awarded every year.
All applications are evaluated based on a complete application and in-person interview to determine academic performance, financial need and community and cultural involvement.
- Black, African American, or of African descent
- Greater Sacramento resident
- Graduating high school student
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Accepted, applied or applying to an accredited two or four-year college/university for the fall of 2018
- Proven participation in community service, extracurricular, or other volunteer activities
- Applicant must attend an in-person interview with the Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
Application Packet* Requirements:
- An official transcript must be mailed directly from school’s registrar office to the below address by March 17, 2018
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, community leader, minister, or employer
- A signed the photo release (signed by parent/guardian)
- Academic Standing Form (download to be completed by counselors or school registrar)
- Applicant photograph (size not to exceed 4×6)
- A typed 2-3 page, double-spaced essay on “Achievement and Excellent: It’s in my DNA” and how you will utilize your academic achievements (college degree) to influence and positively impact the black community? (750 word limit)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application materials will not be returned.