The Sacramento Alumnae Chapter awards annual scholarships for minority students pursuing higher education at a two or four-year institution. An individual is eligible to apply if he or she meets the eligibility criteria. The scholarship amounts will vary depending on individual merit and needs.
All applications are evaluated based on a complete application and interview, which are used to determine academic performance, financial need, and community and cultural involvement.
- Black, African American, or of African descent
- Greater Sacramento resident
- Graduating High School Student, Single Head of Household, or Matriculating College Student
- Currently attending, accepted, applied, or applying to an accredited two or four-year college/university for the Fall of 2023
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Proven participation in community service or volunteer activities
- Applicant must attend an interview
- Relatives by blood, marriage, or adoption of members of Sacramento Alumnae Chapter – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated are NOT eligible to apply for chapter scholarships, however, there may be other scholarships available.
Scholarship Application submission is now open through March 3, 2023.
CLICK HERE for the online scholarship application.
The scholarship application packet requires three (3) files to be completed and uploaded:
– 2023 Academic Standing Form
– 2023 Release of Records and Transcript Permission Form
– 2023 Photo and Media Release Form